Working with the LIN bus analyzer in the CARBUS analyzer software
- To work with the LIN bus in the CARBUS Analyzer program it is necessary:Activate the LIN analyzer option if it has not been activated.
2. Start CARBUS Analyzer, click Settings->Device Settings. In the window that opens, select the type of your interface in the drop-down Device list. In the drop-down Device mode list, select the LIN mode.
3. In the Channel 1: LIN channel settings, you must select the baudrate of the bus and the type of checksum. The type of checksum does not affect the receipt of packets, but it does affect the transmission. If the checksum type is not correctly defined, the receiving device may not accept the packet sent to it. The Detection time option is recommended to be 2 ms. This option defines how the interface will divide the packets in the thread.
4. If the interface is connected to an active LIN bus, then after pressing Connect, the user will see a similar image in the frame receiving window:
5. To transfer the LIN frame, fill in the corresponding fields at the bottom of the CARBUS Analyzer form. When the Shot button is pressed, the package will be sent once. When you press the Run button, the packet will be transferred with the period specified for it before the Stop button is pressed. If the DLC field (packet length) is set to zero, then the Master node query will be passed if the interface is connected to the Slave node and the request ID is true, then the Slave dnode response will be accepted:
6. To find the ID of the master node for workink with the Slave node you can use a Bomber mode. This is done by setting the search range from 0x00 to 0x3C, DLC=0;
7. Logs (Traces) are available as in the CAN bus analyzer. But unlike the CAN analyzer, there is no log replay function. To record trails, go to the Stream tab
8. The Slave node emulation function is available in LIN Bus Analyser mode. To do this, you have to go to the Bomber tab and at the bottom of the form, on the right, set the query ID to which the interface will respond as Slave node. Answer data is given in the corresponding fields to the right of the ID and DLC. Then press the Set Response Data button and set the slave response enable flag. While working in this mode, the interface will not transfer to the CARBUS Analyzer form queries received from the Master node. .